The 2014 Victorian Junior Boys and Girls State Teams have been announced by Golf Victoria’s High Performance Committee Chairman, Brian Lasky. The following players have been selected to compete in the 2014 Australian Boys & Girls Amateur Championships and Interstate Matches to be held in Victoria from April 9 -17.
The 2014 Victorian Girls Team is:
- Julienne Soo (Woodlands) – 17 years of age
- Stephanie Bunque (Medway) – 16
- Alexandra Hilliard (Sandhurst) – 15
- Olivia Kline (Victoria) – 16
- Soo Bin Park (Peninsula-Kingswood) – 14
- Cheerie Tan (Yarra Yarra) – 16
Darren Cole will lead the team as coach and the team manager is Jo Charlton who last year captained the Women’s Victorian Team to victory in Tasmania. Jo will be supported by Annette Pell (Junior Committee) as Assistant Manager. The team will compete at Yering Meadows from April 9 – 16.
The 2014 Victorian Boys Team is:
- Zach Murray (Commonwealth) – 16 years of age
- Brett Coletta (Sandhurst) – 17
- Blake Collyer (Metropolitan) – 17
- Frazer Droop (Yarrawonga) – 17
- David Micheluzzi (Cranbourne) – 17
- Ryan Ruffels (Victoria) – 15
The following players have also been selected to stay with the teams and compete in the Australian Junior Championship and support the players at the Junior Interstate Series: –
- Konrad Ciupek (Victoria) – 15
- Ted Donoghue (Metropolitan) – 16
- Cameron John (Waverley) – 15
- Matias Sanchez (Sandhurst) – 15
The Junior State Boys Coach is David Capaldo who is also a professional at the Peninsula Kingswood Golf Club. The Team Manager for the Boys team is Golf Victoria’s High Performance & Commercial Operations Manager John Anderson who will be also be supported by Mark Bamford (assistant manager) Mark has managed the Victorian team over the past 5 years. The team will compete at the Heritage Golf & Country Club between April 9 – 17,
The teams have been selected after monitoring scoring from local, state and national competitions as well as using the experienced knowledge of State Coaches, Golf Victoria’s specialist staff and the High Performance committee. The remaining training sessions will allow each athlete to work with some of the top service providers including Darren Lay (Physiotherapist), Noel Blundell (Sports Psychologist) and Luke Mackay (Strength & Conditioning).
Golf Victoria would especially like to acknowledge Acushnet (Titleist) for supporting the 2014 Victorian State Junior Teams. The generous support provided by Titleist assists in the development of Victoria’s junior players and High Performance Program.
Further details about the 2014 Australian Boys & Girls Amateur Championships and Interstate Teams Matches is available from the Golf Australia Website via the following links: