<image="2" align="left" />
Eight reasons to get your child into golf.
Golf is a game for everyone. It provides friendships, experiences, and lessons for life.
Getting a child involved in golf is a great way for them to get out and make real friends, not virtual ones in anonymous chat rooms, on social media or by playing online games. Golf is about plenty of fresh air, sunshine, and time away from that phone or the computer screen. Golf helps develop the social skills children need to succeed in life.
Here are eight reasons why you should get your child into golf:
1. Golf is fun: One of the best reasons to get your child playing golf is that they’ll have an absolute blast. They’ll learn new skills, both physical and mental, and make new friends.
2. Anyone can play: your child doesn’t have to be particularly strong, tall, or fast to be successful at golf. It’s never too early to start them either, and unlike other sports, they will enjoy golf well into adulthood.
3. Minimal risk of injury: Golf is a non-contact sport unlike soccer and football, so the chances of injuries, particularly body contact injuries, are nonexistent. The wonderful coaches in our game ensure everyone learns the best way to warm up and stretch too.
4. Safe and positive environment: The course is a safe place, no roads, no cars, our junior competitions and clinics are inclusive, professionally run and supervised by fully trained staff and volunteers.
5. Lifelong friendships: The golf course is one of the easiest places in the world to make friends. Best of all, golf creates a unique bond so those friendships can be developed all over the world and last a lifetime.
6. Time spent outdoors: In today’s world of video games, smart phones and child obesity, it can be hard to drag your son or daughter off the couch. Golf is the perfect excuse to spend an entire day enjoying nature and presents the opportunity to develop healthy, lifelong exercise habits.
7. Family time: Golf is a game that encourages family participation. When children are young, they enjoy doing just about anything with you (but it doesn’t last long, so start now). Golf is an opportunity for quality bonding time, and it’s a bond that can last a lifetime
8. Provides life lessons: Golf is a sport based on the pillars of integrity, discipline, respect and honour. The highs and lows experienced when playing golf parallel real life experiences. Learning to keep things in perspective, manage emotions, and maintaining a positive outlook are just some of the skills that will equip them for adult life.
There are thousands of things you can give your child to make them happy. A new computer game may last a few weeks, the latest smart phone maybe a few months. Getting them into golf will last a lifetime.
Are you interested in getting your child into Golf?
Golf NSW, in conjunction with Golf Australia, have established the MyGolf junior program designed specifically to encourage children's participation in Golf. Australia's World number one professional Jason Day is the MyGolf Program Ambassador.
For More information about the MyGolf Program contact us HERE at Golf NSW or you can visit the MyGolf website by clicking on the image below:
Junior golf in NSW is organised by Jack Newton Junior Golf. JNJG is proactive in developing and assisting with junior golf participation in schools, clubs and communities, as well as running state-wide junior tournaments and championships. For more information please visit: Jack Newton Junior Golf.