Golf is a game for life that teaches values and skills that can be applied to our daily lives.
These values include:
Golf is an inclusive sport that can be played by anyone and at any level and is one of the highest participant sports in Australia. Through introducing a person to the game of golf we can:
• Develop the Golfer
• Develop the Person
• Develop the Game
• Develop the Community
Golf is one of the world’s oldest and most enjoyable, stimulating and challenging games.
So why play golf?
Unlike most sports, golf can be played by anyone – men or women, young or old, and the disabled. It can be played alone or in groups and can be played at different levels – socially or competitively.
Golf is played for a variety of reasons, including:
• The challenge
• The competition
• To get outdoors
• To meet new people
• To exercise
• For business
• For relaxation
• For fun
Have you thought about playing golf but are unsure or nervous about where to start? Below are steps to get you underway:
1. Purchase or hire some golf clubs from your local club or driving range
2. Purchase some accessories including a glove, balls and tees
3. Find a facility
4. Take lessons from a qualified professional to learn the fundamentals of the game
6. Learn the basic Rules and Etiquette
7. Join a club if you so wish