2015-16 LINDY GOGGIN TROPHY
TASMANIAN WOMEN'S ORDER OF MERIT
1) The Goggin Trophy is open to players who reside in Tasmania and are amateur golfers for the entire calendar year of the event. (AIS Golf Program students residing in Melbourne are exempt). A player that resides outside Tasmania for part of the 2015-16 year will be required to seek dispensation from Golf Tasmania if they wish to be eligible for the Lindy Goggin Trophy.
2) To qualify for an official average players must:
a) Complete a minimum of 10 rounds.
b) Play in the Tasmanian Amateur Championship* and the Tasmanian Women’s Open (Elvie Whitesides Championship)*.
4) The winner will be the player who has the lowest adjusted scoring average for the year from their best 10 rounds.
5) Scores by players competing in Amateur National Ranking Events elsewhere in Australia that conflict with Lindy Goggin Trophy events will count towards the Goggin Trophy. Players must contact the Golf Tasmania Operations Manager in writing prior to any such event and indicate their intention to participate.
6) Actual scores will be adjusted taking into account Daily Scratch Rating and Par for the course.
11 Golf Tasmanian will publish on its website the latest Lindy Goggin Trophy rankings as soon as is practical following each ranking event.
7) The Championship Sub-committee reserves the right to exclude any player from the event.
8) The competition will conclude with the Tasmanian Women’s Open (Elvie Whitesides Championship).
* Any player unable to play in the Tasmanian Women’s Open (Elvie Whitesides Championship) or the Tasmanian Amateur Championship must apply for exemption and provide a written explanation to the Golf Tasmania Operations Manager prior to the event in which they can not participate in. Where exemption is granted a player remains eligible for the Lindy Goggin Trophy.
State Events (Compulsory)
Tasmanian Amateur (Medal Rounds) – 2 Rounds
Tasmanian Women’s Open (Elvie Whitesides) – 4 Rounds
State Events (non-Compulsory)
Tasmanian Business Women's Championship – 1 Round
Judy Elphinstone Trophy Event – 3 Rounds
WGT – South 18-holes – 1 Round
WGT – South Open & Division two Championships – 2 Rounds
Ladies Northern Championship – 2 Rounds
Ladies Northern 27-Holes – 1 Round
WGT – NW 27-Holes – 1 Round
WGT – NW Championship – 2 Rounds
MINIMUM OF 10 ROUNDS TO QUALIFY
BEST 10 ROUNDS CALCULATED FOR AVERAGE