management and applying its principles and practices throughout Golf NSW in accordance with AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009 Risk management – Principles and guidelines and HB 246:2010 Guidelines for Managing Risk in Sport and Recreation.
Golf NSW produced a Risk Management Policy which provides a policy statement about Golf NSW’s approach to the management of risk and the associated responsibilities of the Board, the Chief Executive Officer and Golf NSW employees.
Risk Management Resources:
- Golf NSW Risk Management Policy
- Golf Australia Club Support Services – clubsupport.golf.org.au
- Golf Australia (GA) Junior Coordinator Administration Kit includes a Risk Management and Safety Brochure. GA produced the borchure to help clubs create a Risk Management Plan to identify, assess and prioritise risks, followed by actions to minimise, monitor and control the probability and/or impact of unfortunate events."What do you need to do to sotp things from going wrong?"
- HB 246:2010 – Guidelines for managing risk in sport and recreation organizations by Standards Australia – Full version
- The Australian Sports Commission (ASC) provides information on its website to help clubs manage their risks by introducing a sports risk management program. The ASC, Safe Work Australia, NSW Sport and Recreation and QLD Sport and Recreation, created a booklet, 'Sporting Clubs guide to a safe workplace' which is available in hard copy and to free download.
- Managing Risks – the Sports Risk Management Program
- Safety and Risk Management
- Sporting Clubs Guide to a safe workplace
- Sporting Clubs Guide to a safe workplace (Full Version)
<image="1" align="left" />
- Safe Work Australia – www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au
- Workcover NSW – www.workcover.nsw.gov.au
- NSW Sport and Recreation – About Risk Management
- Risk Management for Sports Club Training – e.g. Sydney Course
- Clubs NSW – www.clubsnsw.com.au
- OurCommunity.com.au – Lots of Helpsheets and Checklists
- PlaybytheRules Website which is full of information, resources and templates to support sporting clubs
Online Assessment Tools
Golf NSW Club Support Service
At the request of a member Club, Golf NSW will provide a club advisory service as an affiliation benefit. Golf NSW has secured the services of a number of highly experienced golf administrators to deliver this service. A Club Support Officer will determine the most effective way to assist the Club. This in most cases will include an onsite visitation/consultation, resulting in an operational review and report being presented to the Club for consideration. E-mails should be directed to email@example.com with 'Club Support Service Request' in the subject line. [Read More]