2018 TOOGOOD TROPHY
TASMANIAN MENS ORDER OF MERIT
1) The Toogood Trophy is open to players who reside in Tasmania and are amateur golfers for the entire calendar year of the event. A player that resides outside Tasmania for part of the 2018 year will be required to seek dispensation from Golf Tasmania if they wish to be eligible for the Toogood Trophy.
2) To qualify for an official average players must:
a) Complete a minimum of 12 rounds.
b) Play in the Tasmanian Amateur Championship and the Claremont Shield*; and:
c) Play in at least one ‘Regional’ event in each of the three geographic regions.
3)The Tasmanian Amateur and the Claremont Shield are State events and not regional
4) The winner will be the player who has the lowest adjusted scoring average for the year from their best 12 rounds.
5) All stroke rounds played in the Tasmanian Amateur and the Claremont Shield will count in the player’s best 12 rounds.
6) Scores by players competing in amateur National Ranking Events elsewhere in Australia that coincide with the 2018 events will be included in the Toogood Trophy calculations. Players must contact the Golf Tasmania Operations Manager in writing prior to any such event and advise of their intention to participate.
7) Players who complete a State Team Nomination and Player Agreement’ and are subsequently not selected by their club or association to compete in the Claremont Shield as part of a team, will be invited to play in the 36 hole individual stroke event.
8) Actual scores will be adjusted taking into account Daily Scratch Rating and Par for the course.
9) Golf Tasmania will publish on its website the latest Toogood rankings as soon as is practical following each ranking event.
10) Golf Tasmania reserves the right to exclude any player from the OOM.
11) The OOM will conclude with the last event on the 2018-19 calendar; currently the Morcom Cup.
* Any player unable to play in the Tasmanian Amateur Championship or the Claremont Shield must apply for exemption and provide a written explanation to the Golf Tasmania Operations Manager prior to the event in which they cannot participate in. Where exemption is granted a player remains eligible for the Toogood Trophy.
State Events (Compulsory)
Tasmanian Amateur (Medal Rounds) – 2 Rounds
Claremont Shield (Individual stroke play) – 2 Rounds
Regional Events (Minimum 1 event from each region)
SMGA Southern Open – 2 Rounds
Royal Hobart 36-Hole Tournament – 2 Rounds
Highland Championship – 2 Rounds
Huon Valley Open Championship – 2 Rounds
NG Nth Amateur Championship – 2 Rounds
Tamar Valley Championship – 2 Rounds
GNW Championship – 2 Rounds
Morcom Cup/Champion of Champions – 3 Rounds
Smithton Bowl – 2 Rounds
MINIMUM OF 12 ROUNDS TO QUALIFY
BEST 12 ROUNDS CALCULATED FOR AVERAGE