230 Women Golfers – Country Bound
The 72nd Annual Country Golf Week for women will be held from Tuesday 26th July to Thursday 28th July 2016.
This Annual Country Golf Meeting has attracted another strong contingent of golfers who will be travelling to ‘country’ South Australia – to one of four selected host venues, to compete for the respective trophies.
Grade, Venue and Entry Numbers are as follows:
· Silver (for 0 – 16 GA Handicaps) Tumby Bay Golf Club 53 players
· Bronze Salver (for 16.1 – 21.4 GA Handicaps) Whyalla Golf Club 44 players
· Bronze Shield (for 21.5 – 28.0 GA Handicaps) Ardrossan Golf Club 57 players
· Bronze Plate (for 28.1 – 45.4 GA Handicaps) Barossa Valley Golf Club 76 players
The Club with the most representatives participating is Tea Tree Gully 24, The Grange 22, Royal Adelaide 21, Mount Osmond 20 and Blackwood 12.
Throughout a hectic week of golf, players compete in a number of events including:
· 36 hole Stroke Play event played over two days which included the Country Silver & Bronze Championship
· 18 hole Handicap (including Veteran’s Handicap) event
· 18 hole handicap foursomes event.
· Country versus Metropolitan event
Social activities including the traditional Wednesday Night Dinner are also part of Country Week.
Results will be posted from Thur 28 July > here