Answers to Level 1 Quiz – Rule Numbers
1. Stroke Play
2. The Ball
3. Information as to Strokes Taken
4. Striking the Ball
5. Ball Assisting or Interfering with Play
6. Loose Impediments
7. Searching for and Identifying Ball
8. Lifting, Dropping and Placing; Playing from Wrong Place
9. Water Hazards (including Lateral Water Hazards)
10. Abnormal Ground Conditions, Embedded Ball and Wrong Putting Green
Answers to Level 1 Quiz using Rule Book
1. Rule 3-3
2. Rule 6-7
3. Rule 8-2
4. Rule 11-2
5. Rule 12-2
6. Rule 22-2
7. Rule 27-2
8. Rule 20-2
9. Rule 19-2
10. Rule 24-3
Decision Book Answers
1. Decision 14-2/2.5. Yes. As the player was not in contact with the bag, they accepted protection from the elements in breach of the rule. But also see D 14-2/2 in which the player is holding the umbrella.
2. Decision 14-3/10. No. The player would be using an artificial device to assist them in their play in breach of Rule 14-3.
3. Decision 18-2/13. No. Rule 21 states that a ball may be cleaned when lifted except when it has been lifted under Rule 5-3, 12-2 or 22.
4. Decision 26-1/2. Yes.
5. Decision 27/4. If the two balls are so close together that, in effect, both balls both balls would be searched for simultaneously, a total of five minutes is allowed. Otherwise, five minutes is allowed for each ball.
6. Decision 13-4/16.5. Although the margin of a water hazard extends vertically upwards such that the insect is in the hazard, the Rules do not contemplate such a case. Thus, in equity, the player may swat away the insect whether it be flying or on the player.
7. Decision 13-4/37.5. No. Exception 2 to Rule 13-4 allows a player, after playing out of a bunker, to smooth sand in the bunker without restriction.
8. Decision 33-5/1. Yes, but only if the Committee issued them with a card in accordance with Rule 33-5.
9. Decision 6-4/8. Yes.
10. Decision 2-3/1. Since there was no indication that wrong information was given, the match stands as played, with C the winner.