Applications for media accreditation for the 2019 Emirates Australian Open are now open. Below are the terms and conditions for applicants.
The championship will be played from 5-8 December at The Australian Golf Club in Sydney.
Applications made outside this platform will not be accepted.
Please fill in only once per organisation, including photographers and camera crews.
In submitting the form, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions:
– Accreditation is at the absolute discretion of Golf Australia.
– Golf Australia reserves the right to revoke accreditation at any time and for any reason before and during the event.
– Credentials will not be issued to anyone other than the person named on the confirmed application.
– Only staff representing Channel 7 and Golf Australia are permitted to film on course once the tournament proper begins. Other media will only be able to film in the media centre and mixed zone (flash area) during this time – and only after Channel 7 commitments are fulfilled.
– Other than Channel 7 and Golf Australia, no live streaming video will be permitted anywhere on the grounds of The Australian Golf Club, including the media centre, without express consent of Golf Australia. Use of live streaming platforms such as Periscope, YouTube, Meerkat or any other streaming apps and programs will result in immediate forfeiture of accreditation.
– While reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate all valid applications, priority in accreditation will be given to recognised media organisations with demonstrable circulations and/or audiences. Local area media outlets will be the first to receive special consideration outside these guidelines. Golf Australia reserves the right, at any time, to limit the number of people who have access to the media centre.
– “Generic” passes for media staff who rotate duties through the week are available upon specific request – their allocation is at the discretion of Golf Australia and the media centre manager.
– Seating in the media centre is limited. The use of shared “hot desks” will again be encouraged.
– Access to car parks will be arranged separately before the tournament begins. Priority parking passes are strictly limited and will be at the sole discretion of the media centre manager.
For additional queries regarding media accreditation, please contact Golf Australia media manager Mark Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 3 9626 5099.
The deadline for applications is November 20.
Thanks for your interest in the Emirates Australian Open. We look forward to seeing you at The Australian Golf Club.