Cam Smith is one of Australian golf’s brightest young talents, a dual Australian PGA Championship winner, playing predominantly on the US PGA Tour with a career high world ranking of 27.
Cam developed his game via the Queensland high performance program, was a representative of the Queensland Interstate team on numerous occasions and is a previous winner of both the Australian Boys’ Amateur (2011) and Australian Amateur (2013).
Well known for his strong ties back to his home state of Queensland and his passion for giving back to Australian golf in any way he can, a scholarship in his name was established in 2016 to help the next generation of Australian golfing talent reach their potential. As a result, each year one Queensland athlete is selected to receive the Cam Smith Scholarship.
Scholarship holders will receive;
- • A money can’t buy experience spending a week in the USA with Cam Smith, getting a firsthand experience of life as a US PGA Tour professional and the preparation and training requirements to compete at the highest level.
- • $8,000 of funding to support the athlete’s development and tournament opportunities
In conjunction with Golf Australia, Cam Smith uses the following selection criteria to determine scholarship recipients:
- 1. Must be an Australian citizen residing in Queensland and is under the age of 18 years as at March 1 of the scholarship year
- 2. Results in both GAOOM events and internationally
- 3. Shows outstanding demeanour both on and off the golf course
No application is required to be eligible for a scholarship.
Previous scholarship holders
2018 – Jediah Morgan
2017 – Louis Dobbelaar
2016 – Louis Dobbelaar
The 2019 scholarship will be announced on XXX