A match between South Australia and Japan was held today at Royal Adelaide Golf Club.
14 players representing Team Japan played against 14 Golf SA representatives in a mixed 4BBB challenge, with the best five scores out of seven to count.
In a close contest played in great spirit, Team Japan edged out Team SA by 5 strokes overall 337 v 342. Team Japan are in South Australia (under the guidance of South Australian Gareth Jones, who is the Japan National Coach), to compete in the combined 72 hole Men’s Amateur Classic & Women’s Rene Erichsen Salver, which commences on Mon 19 March at Royal Adelaide.
The mixed team challenge, provided an excellent opportunity for South Australian local players to test their form against visiting international players and allows Golf SA to continue to build on the relationship with the Japan Golf Association.
The following players positioned in handicap order represented South Australia in this initiative:
- Jack Thompson (The Grange) & Charley Jacobs (Glenelg)
- Billy Cawthorne (Royal Adelaide) & Jin Young Yun (The Grange)
- Patric Kroschell (Royal Adelaide) & Elysia Yap (Glenelg)
- Jackson Kalz (Glenelg) & Caitlin Peirce (Royal Adelaide)
- Will Arnold (Royal Adelaide) & Sophie Hilditch (Royal Adelaide)
- Frank Vucic (Glenelg) & Amelia Whinney (The Grange)
- Jack Tanner (Glenelg) & Shakira Kuys (Port Augusta)
Japan – Men
• Takumi Kanaya (Japan Onomichi Golf Club)
• Daiki Imano (Japan Enakyo Country Club)
• Kazuya Osawa (Japan Green Hill Mizunami Golf Club)
• Ren Yonezawa (Japan Golf Association)
• Jigen Serizawa (Japan Golf Association)
• Kosuke Sunagawa (Japan Golf Association)
• Keita Nakajima (Japan Nasuogawa Golf Club)
Japan – Women
• Ayaka Furue
• Yuna Nishimura (Japan Napara Golf Club)
• Sae Ogura (Japan Okayama Kokusai Golf Club)
• Nao Onishi (Japan Golf Association)
• Yuka Yasuda
• Yuri Yoshida (Japan Golf Association)
• Riri Yoshoda