Date: July 07, 2017
Author: Christian Puccini

What Insurance does my club need?

Steven McInerney from MGA Insurance Brokers: Your club’s risk assessment process will identify the type of risks that your club could be exposed to. This will then help determine whether insurance is available and appropriate.

Some policies that may be applicable to your club include:

  • Public liability insurance
  • Professional indemnity insurance
  • Directors and officers liability insurance
  • Associations liability insurance
  • Personal accident insurance
  • Work health and safety cover
  • Workers compensation
  • Property contents insurance
  • Fidelity insurance
  • Building insurance
  • Travel insurance

It is recommended that a checklist, available at, should be used on an annual basis to manage your club’s insurance, find knowledge gaps and ask the questions that need to be asked of yourself. If you or your club require any assistance in risk identification, contact your nearest MGA Insurance Broker.